Monday 30 August 2010

I'm doing it!

OK, Week one under my belt and I'm just back from W2D1.

I am very proud of myself - I did W1D3 on Saturday - got up and did it before everyone else was up, then we went to Eyam and did a 4ish mile circular walk/ geocache hunt that took in the Riley graves, the boundary stone and a very, steep hill as well as a riverside walk

Eyam plague cottages 2Image via Wikipedia

On Sunday we visited friends and did more walking/caching.  I was very pleased with my IE resolve when we went for lunch at a pub.  I tried the baked camembert we all shared as a starter but didn't go mad and ate less than half my pizza whilst the other adults all ate an entire one, forcing it down in some cases.  I did enjoy my dessert too!

Today it's a bank holiday but I was and am determined to keep with the programme (how American!) so I've been out and faced a big fear - a running neighbour saw me as I was setting out.  I was glad I had my ipod on so I couldn't really hear what she was saying, but I said that I was starting out running and she seemed to have an encouraging expression as she spoke.  Why I thought she would think me silly or ridiculous is more a reflection of my inner mean girl.  anyhow - nothing to worry about and I can now happily go out without fear.  Anyhow, I'm now a fledgling runner in my mind!

One thing I did last week was to try a different podcast each session.  (I think I already said this?)  After sampling Ullrey, Chubby Jones and Podrunner, I am going with Chubby Jones as I like her music choices better and the way she talks through the music, offering encouragement (and margaritas at one point!)

I did a lot of this session along a green lane that I've never been down before.  It is so beautiful along there and secluded.  As I live in a quiet village I'm not too worried about anything nasty happening and it was lovely to run / walk in peace looking at the ancient hedges either side

I'm currently using my Garmin GPSr to map my track and I am pleased that last week I did 1.6 miles and this session it is 1.8 miles when using Chubby Jones.  It was 1.8 miles when I used the podrunner download, but I think that was because there was quite a lot of talk before they got on with the running session which I walked through too.




No comments:

Post a Comment