Tuesday 7 September 2010

Week 3

This deserves a post to itself.  I was really scared of week 3 and was quite happy that it was too windy and rainy yesterday to go out.  DH who also got fitted for trainers on Saturday came back from taking our son to triathlon training with the news that they've entered a reverse 5k next Monday.  You estimate your time, have no timing devices and the one who finishes closes to their estimate wins.

DH is very cycling fit but has not ran for a long time.  He said he would like to come out with me, but he's going to be so late back tonight (and he's cooking dinner).  We talked and I knew I'd not be able to attempt W3 with pork chop and mash inside me, so I went out before lunch today. 

I was so surprised because I DID IT!

I deliberately ran the 3 minute runs very slowly so that I didn't blow up at any point and I was so proud to get to the end of the session.  Because I ran slowly and I think this week's set is slightly shorter, I 'only' ran/walked 1.5 miles, but I did it!  I can't tell you how happy it made me - I really felt like I conquered a mental block/demon today

No comments:

Post a Comment