Tuesday 7 September 2010

Whoosh!

Where did the time go?!

I have kept to the weekly schedule and missed reporting on W1 D3 and the whole of W2!

I can't even remember W1D3 now.  I think the thought of ramping up to 90 second runs put it out of my head.  However, I got through the whole of W2 despite my initial trepidations.  I've now run in the rain, the sun, in the morning, in the evening and during the day.  I've shyly acknowledged other more experienced runners as they ran past and said hello to me (at that point I could wave but not speak!) and even faced the fear of the local running shop to get fitted for a beautiful, supportive pair of Saucony trainers.  And no, the young bloke in there did not laugh at me; I did run on the treadmill to have my gait assessed and for some reason am really pleased that I have a neutral action (this is where I fall down though - is that the right phrase? So glad I'm not trying to pass myself of as someone who knows anything about running).

I did the last day of W2 in my new trainers and I could not feel a lot of difference.  I may have bought well fitting trainers previously or it may be that I'm not at a level where I understand good and bad  yet. (Note the yet.).  However, looking at the Garmin, I did 2 miles in that session - then as I was further from home than I anticipated , walking back added on another 0.3 miles.  I was cockahoop with that on Saturday!

So, W2 out of the way, I had a look at W3 and got scared.  Two 3 minute runs?  How was I going to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment