Saturday 18 September 2010

Week 4 Win

Bridleway markerImage via WikipediaYay - week 4 OVER!  I spent most of today's run wondering what week 5 will be like, but did have the courage to run a bit along the main road into the village (into traffic) to find a bit more of the bridleway that I love running along.

I have had to have words with myself as I found myself feeling disappointed that I've not lost weight (according to the Wii).  I think I must have done the classic putting on a bit of muscle as my jeans are definitely looser and even if only I'm noticing it, I feel a little bit more toned.  I am very happy with how quickly I am getting my breath back within the walking segments of the programme.  I found myself thinking about how I need to just build stamina so I can run longer, then I can build speed once I have the endurance. 

Tomorrow is the Great North Run - a half marathon in NE England and something I've never been interested in before.  I might have a watch of it and you never know, it could be a long term goal for me to aim for.  Just for the moment, I'm aiming to get through this programme and who knows what then!

No comments:

Post a Comment