Monday 4 October 2010

Apologies and a catch up

I have been a neglectful blogger - not touched any of mine for weeks!

I have, however been faithfully following C25k and have got distracted by chatting away on Ravelry about it - here are the relevant posts from there on here....

Week 5

'I did W5D1 - I convinced myself that there were four 5 min runs in there somehow, so the end was a nice surprise! It was blooming hot this afternoon too'

'I’ve woken up this morning with the throat thing that the kids had at the weekend. I feel so washed out but I am determined to go run - a bit scared about 8 mins though…..'

'So what was I thinking? My usual whine of course - it’s scary, how will I do this - but I DID!!!!! Who knew I could run 2x8 minutes and that I’d tack on a few extra yards to celebrate
I am so grateful for the advice I glean from this group, the inspiration you all give me and, it must be said, of me and my body for doing it
Still not a pound below 15 stone, but I don’t particularly care - I prefer the minutes to the pounds! Truly if I can do this anyone can'

'Feeling frustrated just now - I planned to do D3 today, but it is scarily windy outside, I had a bout of '
insomnia last night and DD is home ill so I guess I will run tomorrow!'

'W5D3 - conquered!
What a shock - I did it and felt I had more in my tank. I upped the pace for the last minute and even more so for the last 10 seconds.
Who knew I could run for 20 minutes straight?!'

Week 6

'Yay - another day bites the dust - W6 D1 in the bag! I wonder if this one feels harder after the 20 min run because mentally you go ‘oh, I can run 20 mins so these shorter intervals are easy - I’ll just up my pace a bit’? Maybe more so if like me you’re running outdoors
I had the benefit of some lovely eye candy tonight - a rare sighting in my village!'

'Don’t know what got into me last night. I had to fetch DD from brownies and I ran to the village hall - just for the heck of it! Then I started to look at the 100 push ups and 200 sit ups programme for my inbetween days….'

'Well it all started so well this morning!
I pinged awake at the unholy hour of 5am, so once I realised there’d be no more sleep for me, I got up, put on the dishwasher and the washing machine then went out for my run at 6.15 - just enough time to do it and get back before I had to get the children up for school. Out before the birds were up! Day was just breaking and it was misty and mysterious.
However - somehow I’d messed up my podcast downloads and there was no W6D2. I couldn’t remember the splits so I had to just follow D1 again. As soon as I realised that, I realised I’d forgotten my water bottle. no time to turn around, no time to get the right download - humph! I just did W6D1 again, cross with myself all 2.2 miles
I think I’ll do W6D3 next time, despite this - gulp!!!!'

'Week 6 Day 3 done - thank goodness! It was a bit of a trial but I got there'
-------

So there you have it, I'm officially in week 7 now.  No more intervals, just full on running - bring it on!


Original caption from American army: Image via Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment